What is Encopresis?
Encopresis psychology in children is called soil. In it, the child suffers through a few bowel movements in which unknowingly he or she leaks out a small amount of stool on themselves or in their undergarments.
Though soiling is not quite common. Two out of a hundred children suffer from it.
What are the causes of Encopresis?
Encopresis psychology tells that it is a result of constipation. When you hold your stool and don’t let it come, then it leads to constipation in children.
According to Encopresis psychology, children run around the house, crying, screaming, folding their legs, ignoring, and not letting the poop release. Parents ask children to pass it when they are holding it up. The following can be a few reasons why children do so-
- Pain during the pooping process.
- The child might be suffering from illness.
- The diet is insufficient.
- Long hours of traveling.
- Diaper and towel rashes near the area.
- Lack of privacy in the bathroom.
- No exercise or physical activity, due to which digestion is improper. Hence children lack the urge to poop.
The Colon fills up because the stoop cannot pass effectively. This alters the shape of the lower colon. The more one holds his poop it will get harder, and the Colon will keep on stretching. Due to this pooping becomes even more painful. Because the hard poop is not able to move. It is only the liquid that passes through. Since the nerves stretch a lot and become sensitive, the child is unable to feel when his poop leaks out.
The Encopresis psychology in children confirms that those who have emotional and behavioral problems, find soiling as one of their concerns. Though Encopresis psychology in children is rare, if a child is born with this medical problem, then it is not easy to recover from it.
Encopresis Psychology Observed in Children.
Due to the Encopresis issue, there are a lot of changes in the child’s behavior and action. Encopresis psychology has the following observations-
In Encopresis psychology, children tend to hide their undergarments and clothes. It helps them not to face embarrassment.
In such children, facing Encopresis psychology problems are unable to smell their poop and do not know that they have soiled.
Due to the Encopresis psychology issue, some children are unable to control their poop as well as their urine.
The child can be bullied in school or other places because he faces an unusual problem. It leads to further behavioral changes in the child.
How to Diagnose Encopresis?
To test whether the child is suffering from Encopresis psychology, the doctor or the nurse will go through the medical history of the child and then take the following tests-
An abdominal X-ray is essential to check the amount of stool that is in the large intestine. It helps the doctors to see how bad the problem is.
The other procedure through which your child has to go is Contrast Enema. It is a test to check the blockage in the large intestine or other areas.
What is the treatment for Encopresis Psychology?
The treatment of Encopresis in children includes the following methods-
- Eliminate the hard stool from the child’s Colon.
- Keep the bowel movements soft so that the stool can pass out swiftly without causing any pain.
- Make sure that the child has a minimum toilet sitting of two times a day.
- Retain the condition of the rectum and anus so that the child has total control over his bowel movements.
A regular schedule for the bowel movements is necessary because it ensures that your Encopresis psychology remains good. There is no overnight solution to the problem. It requires time, patience, and trust for the treatment to show its results. There are many available medications that the doctor will provide you to make the bowel movements better.
Change the diet
Diet is a vital part of how to deal with Encopresis psychology. Some diet plans help make the child’s stool softer and reduce blockage. These include-
- Inculcate more fruits and vegetables in your daily food intake.
- Gains and cereals bring more roughage to your food, and they are also easy to digest by the stomach.
- Intake of more fluid, especially water helps in the digestion of the food and makes the stool softer as well.
- Go for a balanced diet and avoid the intake of junk foods, sugar, and food items with a lot of fat.
- Reduce caffeine intake. For example, avoid tea and coffee.
- Milk is difficult to digest by humans. Therefore, limit the milk intake and only take 16 ounces a day.
Digestion improves only if the child is doing physical activities like playing sports, doing physical exercise, and working out daily. It not only makes your stomach happy but also refreshes your mind.
Read more blogs on newsviralgo